At the Merritt Golf & Country Club, we want you to know we’re taking the necessary precautions to keep all our customers and employees safe and protected from the COVID-19 virus.
We are closely monitoring the CDC and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, and we are following guidelines posted from these agencies and local health departments.
Here are some of the guidelines we’re following to keep customers and employees safe:
- Continuous sanitizing of, door handles, bathrooms, table surfaces, phones and pens throughout the day.
- Utilizing certified disinfectants and commercial dishwasher
- Minimizing use of clubhouse bathrooms by patrons. One customer at a time will be allowed in clubhouse to ensure we adhere to social distancing.
- The Clubhouse is closed for social gathering.
- Rental sets will not be available at this point
- All high touch areas on golf carts and pull carts will be disinfected after each use.
Recommendations for our customers:
- Stay home if you are feeling ill or if you have just returned from holiday, for the prescribed 14 day self-isolation period
- Payment via Credit / Debit card Only, taking payment via phone as well.
- Refrain from close contact with other patrons. Adhere to the suggested social distancing guidelines (2 metres apart).
- If you made use of a golf cart, please clear it out.
- Please dispose of all cans / bottles by depositing them into recycling bins
- Maintain group social distancing, e.g. keep 2 meters from your playing partners, that includes the parking area.
- Leave the pin in at all times. We have added a foam insert in the cups to prevent your ball from dropping to the bottom.
- No handshakes following the round.
- Do not exchange scorecards, ball markers etc.
- Use the Golf Canada Score Center App or one of the Blue Golf Apps to keep score.
- Use foot to smooth out bunkers as all rakes have been removed.
- One person per cart. This is to ensure social distancing is being adhered to.
- Bring your own pull cart, do not share.
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water and/or use an alcohol-hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze,
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Do not touch your face.
- Outside washrooms is temporarily out of use.
- Don’t Lick your Ball.
We would like all of our customers to know we will continue to take every precaution in keeping the Merritt Golf & Country Club sanitized and as safe as possible for you to enjoy a round of golf. We plan on remaining open providing you with the opportunity to break away from the current world events in a healthy manner.
Be well, golf well and stay safe. Thank you for being our loyal customers!