Welcome to Merritt Golf & Country Club
At the Merritt Golf & Country Club, we want you to know we’re taking the necessary precautions to keep all our customers and employees safe and protected from the COVID-19 virus.
We are closely monitoring the CDC and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, and we are following guidelines posted from these agencies and local health departments.
Here are some of the guidelines we’re following to keep customers and employees safe:
- Continuous sanitizing of, door handles, bathrooms, table surfaces, phones and pens throughout the day.
- Utilizing certified disinfectants and commercial dishwashers
- Closure of on-course bathrooms
- Minimizing use of clubhouse bathrooms by patrons. One customer at a time will be allowed in clubhouse to ensure we adhere to social distancing.
- The Clubhouse is closed for social gathering.
- Rental sets will not be available at this point
- All high touch areas on golf carts and pull carts will be disinfected after each use.
Recommendations for our customers:
- Stay home if you are feeling ill or if you have just returned from holiday, for the prescribed 14 day self-isolation period
- Payment via Credit / Debit card Only, taking payment via phone as well.
- Refrain from close contact with other patrons. Adhere to the suggested social distancing guidelines (1-2 metres apart).
- If you made use of a golf cart, please clear it out.
- Please dispose of all cans / bottles by depositing them into recycling bins
- Maintain group social distancing, e.g. keep 2 meters from your playing partners, that includes the parking area.
- Leave the pin in at all times. The Cup is raised, when ball hits cup its considered holed.
- No handshakes following the round.
- Do not exchange scorecards, ball markers etc.
- Use the Golf Canada Score Centre App or one of the Blue Golf Apps to keep score.
- Use foot to smooth out bunkers as all rakes have been removed.
- One person per cart. This is to ensure social distancing is being adhered to.
- Bring your own pull cart, do not share.
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water and/or use an alcohol-hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze,
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Do not touch your face.
- Outside washrooms is temporarily out of use.
- Don’t Lick your Ball.
We would like all of our customers to know we will continue to take every precaution in keeping the Merritt Golf & Country Club sanitized and as safe as possible for you to enjoy a round of golf. We plan on remaining open providing you with the opportunity to break away from the current world events in a healthy manner.
Be well, golf well and stay safe. Thank you for being our loyal customers!
The Merritt Golf and Country Club is located in the heart of Merritt where scenic hillsides can be seen in all directions. The Merritt Golf and Country Club is a challenging, affordable nine-hole course with the men’s yardages stretching over 6200 yards. Players of any level will definitely enjoy the variety of two separate sets of tee boxes distinguishing the front and back nines. The Nicola river factors into play 6 times per 9 holes and putting can be enjoyed on our luscious, smooth rolling greens. Fully equipped with a practice range, short game area, putting green and on-course yardage markers, anyone is welcome to test their skills at this well run facility. The Merritt Golf Club has one on-staff CPGA Professional who extend his abilities to teach and provide excellent customer service. The 2400 square foot clubhouse offers a fully stocked pro shop, snack food bar, large screen TV and a patio view of the golfers rolling in on 9 and 18. Most importantly, the golf course is a fun and challenging place to spend some time and stretch your legs.